Monday, August 27, 2012

Think you've done everything? Come to experience Bahia!

Yes, come to experience Bahia.
Indulge fully in this amazing culture and just "let it live" ... don't think to much, just let it happen!


After the big São João festivities when my friend Dani left, I had the pleasure to spend two more weeks with Andres, an utmost creative person with who i enjoyed some great reflection-talks ...
... Andres, I'm very grateful I have a new word in my vocabulary CLUSTERF*** ;-))

July was pretty busy - I finished my projects in São Félix, said good bye to my friends in Salvador, visited beautiful Chapada Diamantina Nationalpark a last time and got ready for surprising my sweetheart in Southern Brazil :)

After travelling the country for four weeks, I went back in the Recôncavo and there I did field research to write my MA-dissertation.

my housemaids - muito obrigada por cozinhar e fazer a fachina Isabel + Sinia
everybody going crazy in light of the municipal elections in October *gosh*

Pau made delicious MOCOFATO com PIRÃO for me in my last night w/ my colleagues!





Looking forward to go back to good old Europe, I am - at the same time - sad to leave back my magic Bahia: the warm-hearted people, the delicious food, fresh fruits and lovely summer climate all year round. I will miss riding my bike through the lush green landsacpe, sipping Caipirinha while watching the sunset at the beaches of the Atlantic ocean and swimming in the green water of my favourite lagoon and its white sand dunes.

Seven months full of new, eye-opening experiences lay behind me, colourful days, crazy nights ... thank you all, for being part of it!!

Right now I'm somewhere in the sky, flying via France directly over Paris ... yessss, I did see Arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysee from above ... and Luxembourg into Frankfurt. Everybody who has resided on another continent for seven months, probably knows what I mean: the weirdest thing right now is to look down on the old continent and its geography...


Good Morning Europe - I'm back @ home :-))


Sunshine, over 20°C and Notting Hill Street Carneval in London ...
... the culture shock is not that big, after all !!


No comments:

Post a Comment