Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year 2011 from LONDON

Yesss, rather unexpectedly I am celebrating in LONDON, this time!
...not too bad after all - I can defnitely not complain :-)))

I think I posted this video-link on here before ... a few days ago I came across it and thought: this cannot be posted often enough - what a joy watching this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfq_A8nXMsQ&feature=related



2010 was a splendid year for me - I hope you've all enjoyed your 2010 as much as I did and look very much forward to another prosperous, healthy, successful, lucky, rocking, shining, rewarding 2011!!

I've started a new era in my life - going back to University, starting my Postgraduate Studies in the UK ... after completing an amazing gap year that has brought me masses of eye-opening situations and new experiences
**thank you all, for being part of it**




As this year turns to an end (doing a European Studies program and living together with friends from emerging countries), I've thought a lot about what it means to hold the European citizenship - how many hard-working people out there are eagerly trying to get one, risking their lives, getting involved in illegal activities, investing huge amounts of money, taking up immense efforts ... motivated "just" by the prospect of becoming a citizen of the European Union. 
It makes me think and realize even more how lucky I am to be citizen of Austria's welfare state. Being able to complete such an expensive education is definitely a privilege and even more so, when I compare it to all those, belonging to the 82% of the world's population who are not as lucky as me to be born in a "first world country" (as much as I dislike this phrase - sorry for using it).
Most EU-citizens that I know are not even fully aware of the fact that they hold one, much less what it means ... free movement of people, labour, money, goods and services are just a few of the most obvious aspects! 
That war amongst EU-member countries has become unthinkable, is another great achievement! Have we ever really imagined what it might mean to grow up and live in a place where peace, justice and fair treatment of humanity is just not here...

Let us be a bit more grateful for what we have got!!

Happy New Year 2011 from London ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment