Monday, June 9, 2014

B-day Weekend in BRUSSELS

The years fly by ... yes they do indeed, quicker and quicker every year ... and here it comes again - my birthday :)
Previously I could never understand how one can possibly forget their age. Guess what, know this is exactly what happens to me *lol*

My b-day weekend started fabulous with great summer weather, my friend Katha coming over w/ a lovely card and cake, delicious Antipasto and the UK's summer drink number 1: Pimm's with fresh strawberries, oranges, cucumber and mint :)

When I arrived at home a huge surprise awaited me: 
Daniel has built together a bike for me!!
Foldable one - a typical London City Flitzer and I can't wait to get on the road to start cruisin' ...
THANK YOU sweetheart :)

After birthdays in Austria, USA, Portugal, UK, Brazil and France, I decided to go to Belgium this year - an easy get-away from London and - oh boy - what an adventure with the Eurostar train from London to Brussels!


Not much sleep for us this night - at 4am we get up to catch the first train!
French signs announce where we are going ... j'adore la francophonie :)


We enjoy wonderful weather, meet my lovely friend Julie after practically 3 years, go for caipirinhas, belgium beer and the traditional moules frites, chocolate and macarones. 



We explore EU institutions, relax around the iconic Atomium park area and discover flee market in Marollen. 


Riddle below: find Mika ;)




Julie - it was great seeing you again after such a looong time!

Of course we must pass by the famous MANNEKEN PIS


Enjoying summer in Brussels ... and the best: our first watermelon of the year !!!

Thank you so much for this fabulous birthday weekend Daniel, Julie, Katharina 
and thank you very much to all those of course who made my day by calling in and writing me :))

No comments:

Post a Comment